Monday 27 January 2014

Skull and Bone Observation

 These observational studies were made as part of a project for college. The project was called 'Organic v.s Man-Made'
These two studies were both organic studies. I drew a cows skull and jaw bone.
The skull (right) was drawn using the contour method, where the drawer refrains from lifting their pencil off the paper and the image is made up of one line. After I had drawn it using this method, I used black Indian inks to give it depth and shade.
The Jawbone was drawn normally and then the same techniques were used with the indian inks however the aim for this drawing was to show the light on the bones, so instead of adding more layers of ink, I used white pastel chalk to highlight the lighter parts of the bone, such as the teeth.
The skull is my favorite of the two pieces as it is more detailed and has both dark and light elements.

No comments:

Post a Comment