Monday 27 January 2014

Textiles Sketchbook


 This sketchbook was made from scratch using scaps of materials in the textiles workshop. I used cardboard for the cover wrapped in faux fur and then attached beads to the rim of the book. I did this because I felt it reminded me slightly of the monster book of monsters from Harry Potter, so the beads were there to look like teeth. I then created a makeshift lock for the book by finding two beads, sewing them into place and using cord to string them together and keep the book closed. I sew old music sheets into the book for its pages because I felt it looked really unique and mysterious. I liked the effect it gave to my sketchbook as well.



This is a page out of my sketchbook featuring a stamp (right) I made during a print making lesson. To the left on the first page is my favorite work, featuring bird cages along music paper. I thought they fitted well with each other because the birdcage symbolizes a bird and it's song, or melody, and the music paper symbolizes music and song.


Here is a larger picture of my bird cage print.
 This is a set of prints that I made using a stamp, also made by me, featuring the Triforce from the well known nintendo game 'Legends of Zelda'.








This is an experimental piece I made, practicing different techniques such as batik and embroidery.





No comments:

Post a Comment